The closing date for ELM 15/2014 (Transportation of municipality shift employees stationed within water and waste water treatment works) which was advertised on the 31st July 2014 will be changed to the 28th August 2014
Mr T Janse van Vuuren
Civic Centre PO Box 3
Mandela Street eMalahleni
EMALAHLENI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
INVITATION TO REGISTER AS AN ACCREDITED SUPPLIER ON THE SUPPLIER DATABASE OF EMALAHLENI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY FOR THE YEAR 2014/2015
Emalahleni Local Municipality is in the process of updating supplier’s database in preparation for 2014/2015 financial year; therefore ALL Service Providers (BEE’s, SMME’s) are invited to register as potential suppliers.
NB: Existing Service Providers must reapply using their previous vendor numbers as a reference
Interested service providers are requested to complete prescribed registration forms, which are obtainable from Council Website: www.emalahleni.go.za or at the Supply Chain Management Unit, 1st Floor, eMalahleni from the 1 JULY 2014.
Closing date for submission is 30 JULY 2014
- The following documents are required and shall form part of the registration:
- Fully completed registration form,
- Company profile,
- Vat 103
- Valid Original Tax Clearance Certificate
- Original B-BBEE Status level Verification Certificate
- Certificate of Companies and Intellectual Property Commission,(CIPC)
- Certified copies of identity documents for all members / partners
- Statement of account for the municipality whom you pay for municipal service charges, rates and taxes and or proof of residence from municipality
- Proof of banking document
- Security Officer’s Board Registration(Certified)
- CIDB Grading & registration number(if applicable)
- Accredited certificate for training providers
- Proof of registration / affiliation to relevant professional institutions/regulatory councils (if applicable)
No registration will be considered from persons in the service of the State.
- If that person is not a natural person, of which any director, manager, principal shareholder or stakeholder is a person in the service of the state(
- an employee of any national or provincial department, national or provincial public entity or constitutional institution within the meaning of the Public Finance Management Act, 1999 (Act No. 1 of 1999);
- Who is an advisor or consultant contracted with the municipality or municipal entity
All enquiries for database registration must be directed to the Supply Chain Management Unit, at (013)690 6497, (013)690 6502, and (013)690 6484.
T VAN VUUREN
Civic Centre PO Box 3
Mandela Street eMalahleni
PO Box 3
Notice number : 6/2014Publication : Witbank News, 13 February 2014
THE ADOPTED 2013/14 INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT PLAN (IDP)
JOIN US to manage the electrical load
Home-owners in Duvha Park, Duvha Park x2, Tasbet Park, Reyno Ridge, Bankenveld, Reyno Estates, Reyno Heights, Benfleur, Del Judor, Witbank extensions, Fransville, Model Park, Seekoeiwater, Die Heuwel, Ivory Hill, Cambridge, Highveld Park, Hoëveldpark, Blancheville, Jackaroo Park, Clearwater Estates, Pine Ridge, Schoongezicht, Ferrobank, Ackerville, Van Delenweg, Lynnville and Thushanang are requested to join hands with the eMalahleni Local Municipality and Eskom to help manage the electricity demand – by participating in a programme aimed at installing geyser control units connected to the geysers in their homes. The control units will be installed at no cost to the home-owners.
This Residential Load Management (RLM) project forms part of the eMalahleni Local Municipality’s demand management initiative in the region. It involves the connection of control units to geysers, making it possible to switch them on and off remotely without impacting negatively on the hot water usage. It allows the municipality to manage the demand for electricity specifically during evening peak periods.
Geysers account for between 30% and 50% of the electricity consumption in a household, making them an ideal starting point for electricity demand management in the residential sector. The main advantage of the load management system is that the relay system can switch the heating element off during times when the electricity load needs to be reduced. However, it is important to note that interruption of supply can be done while still providing hot water to a household due to the heat retention properties of a geyser.
The RLM project in eMalahleni will be implemented as follows:
- A small appliance control device (or relay) is installed in the home of the customer.
- This device then switches off the power supply to the geyser during the evening peak demand period between 18:00 and 20:00.
Qualified technicians, with eMalahleni Local Municipality, Eskom and Yaetsho identification cards, will visit homes in high-consumption areas to install the units between 1 October 2012 and 30 June 2013. Home-owners are requested to only allow contractors with the necessary identification cards to enter their homes.
CLIENTS ARE REQUESTED TO QUOTE THEIR MUNICIPAL ACCOUNT NUMBER IN ALL CORRESPONDENCES/PHONE CALLS. THIS IS SOLELY FOR IDENTIFICATION PURPOSES.
For further information, please phone the RLM project office on (013) 656 0818