ESKOM is currently erecting a security clear-view fence around Eskom Park. The fence will run next to our Grobler Substation where our 22KV cables run.
The erection of the security,clear-fence entails excavation for a foundation construction so as to ensure good footing. For the safety of the working team, Eskom therefore requires isolation to be done so as to excavate where our cables run.
The scope of work is expected to last for a maximum of six (6) hours. The areas mentioned below will be affected by the power outage from 09:00 to 15:00 hours.
- Emalahleni CBD (Downtown)
- Die Heuwel Extentions
- Witbank Extensions 1, 3,10,12
- Jackaroo Park
- Highveld Park
- Areas around Gordon Road
- Klipfontein Industrial (Extention 51 to 67)
- Schoongezicht (The whole Surbub)
- Nedbank Centre
- OK Centre
- Diederichs, Langermand Street
- Beaty Avenue/Main Street (Long Distance Taxi Rank
- Walter Sisulu and Colliery Street (Emalahleni Spar, Engen and Sasol)
It is recommended that the network be treated as live during this period.
Emalahleni Local Municipality