Page 3 of 9
COMPOSITION OF THE EMALAHLENI YOUTH DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT UNIT.
- THE ASSISTANT MANAGER: YOUTH DEVELOPMENT (HEAD OF UNIT):
- Responsible for the provision of policy frameworks and or strategies;
- Develop and maintain Monitoring and Evaluation systems for the whole Unit;
- Is a project manager for youth development in the municipality;
- Is responsible for the development of youth development plans for the municipality;
- Is responsible for collecting, compiling, analysing and disseminating information related to youth issues and youth development;
- Is responsible for consolidating youth development proposals, business plans and programmes in the municipal area of jurisdiction;
- Is responsible for performing the day-to-day management of municipality-led youth development activities;
- Engages with other youth development role-players and partners external to municipal structure;
- Ensures that monitoring and evaluation activities for youth development within the municipality, is undertaken;
- Compiles reports on progress regarding implementation;
- Representing youth development in all planning and decision-making forums, e.g. Strategic planning, IDP Forums, etc. For effective delivery of the youth development programme, the Youth Manager must have the necessary competency and must be given adequate authority, decision making powers and support within the municipal institution. The Manager must be a Section 57 manager, reporting to the Municipal Manager.
THE YOUTH DEVELOPMENT MANAGER REPORTS TO:
- The Mayor for any requirements regarding political support for youth development
- The Municipal Manager on performance related matters and engagement with other youth development role-players and/or sectors.
- YOUTH COORDINATORS
- Responsible for coordinating the programmes (operational management)
- Responsible for the development and implementation of M&E systems for the operational programmes.
- Administrative Officer