Page 5 of 9
OBJECTIVES OF EMALAHLENI YOUTH DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT UNIT
- The provision of further educational opportunities i.e. bursaries, learner ships and training opportunities, for the members of the youth within our community.
- Nurture and support youth development within the community.
- Facilitate the youth’s entry into the job market through thorough engagements with stakeholders relevant to the local economy which will be a mechanism that will assist with the reduction of youth unemployment, provide support and skills training.
- Provide economic opportunities to businesses owned by young people through the L.E.D office.
- Build partnerships and networks to render support to youth at risk in a coordinated manner by collaborating with departments and other spheres of government and civil society i.e. awareness campaigns etc.
- Increase the involvement of members of the youth by ensuring that they become agents in their own development and make a meaningful contribution within their communities.
- To ensure that the objectives set out in the youth summit resolution documents which are implemented.